Butternut Squash Risotto
|Vegetables||1 Pound, prepared as needed (Such As Butternut Squash)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Arborio rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||5 Cup (80 tbs), heated|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Plus More For Garnish)|
1. Take about 1/3 of a butternut squash and peel it. Dice into pieces and reserve.
2. Finely mince a small onion and a garlic clove.
3. In a medium soup pot, drop the butter and let it melt.
2. Add the butternut squash pieces, onion and garlic.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper, stir and let it cook for about 8 mins until the vegetables are softened.
4. In a separate sauce pan, add the chicken stock and heat it up.
5. Transfer the Arborio rice to the soup pot having the vegetable mixture and stir it through.
6. Pour in the dry white wine and let it cook for 2 minutes until all the alcohol is evaporated.
7. Take a ladle full of the heated chicken stock and add to the soup pot.
8. When the moisture evaporates add another ladle full. This continues until all the chicken stock is exhausted.
9. Keep stirring the whole time and never leave it unattended.
10. Continue cooking slowly until the mixture is thick and creamy.
11. Add parmesan cheese and some more salt if needed before finishing off.
12. Serve on a plate and enjoy it.
Calories 438 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.9%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.3 mg8.4%
Sodium 1052.6 mg43.9%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.6%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 119.9% Vitamin C 24.2%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet