Easy Chicken And Pea Risotto
|Uncooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen green peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Diced cooked chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Evaporated milk||6 Ounce (Use 1 Small Can)|
|Water||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs) (For The Sauce)|
|Processed american cheese slice||4|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) In a medium-sized saucepan, combine together the rice, celery, peas, 2 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of salt. Heat till the mixture is bubbling, cover and the gently simmer for 12 minutes or till the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
3) In a small saucepan, melt the margarine or butter and sauté the chicken for about 1 minute. Add the flour, pepper and remaining 1 tablespoon of salt, stir well and cook, constantly stirring, till the mixture is bubbly. Add the milk and 1 1/3 cups of water and continue to cook and stir till the sauce is thick and has boiled for about 1 minute.
4) Pour the sauce all over the rice mixture and lightly toss to combine.
5) Into a greased 8-cup shallow baking dish, spoon the rice mixture.
6) Cut the cheese into strips and put them over the chicken mixture in a single layer.
7) Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, till the cheese has melted and he mixture is bubbly-hot. Lightly sprinkle with paprika.
8) Serve hot.