Summer Courgette Risotto
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Ripe tomatoes||3 , roughly chopped|
|Carnaroli rice/Other risotto rice||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Chopped rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable stock||2 3⁄4 Pint (1 1/2 Liters)|
|Courgettes||3 , finely diced|
|Peas||5 Ounce (Fresh Or Frozen, 140 Gram)|
|Basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), lightly torn (Large Handful Of)|
1. In a large pan heat the oil.
2. Cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes such that the onion has softened.
3. Cook for 3-4 minutes adding in the tomatoes such that the tomatoes turn soft and pulpy, thereafter add the rice and rosemary.
4. Add in half the stock and let it cook for 10 minutes or such that the liquid has evaporated, stirring from time to time.
5. Put in the rest of the stock and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
Mixing in the courgettes and peas let it cook for another 5 minutes or so, stirring such that the rice is tender, even after which the mixture is still a bit saucy.
6. The mixture can be frozen at this stage for up to 1 month.
7. Using plenty of black pepper season and add the basil and stir until wilted.
8. Serve the risotto immediately in a deep dish plate.