Scampi with Quick Risotto
|Large shrimp||1 1⁄4 Pound (24 Pieces)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Parsley||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm) (Or 1 Small)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dry bread crumbs||3 Tablespoon|
|Quick risotto||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Pinch off the shrimps’ legs, several at a time. Once done, bend the shrimps back and snap off the sharp pieces of shell which are just above the tail. Remove the shell and throw it away. With a sharp paring knife, make a shallow incision alongside each shrimp’s back. This will expose the digestive vein which needs to be extracted and discarded.
2) Put the prepared shrimp in colander and wash under cold running water. Drain and dry with paper towels and set aside.
3) Peel the garlic and chop it finely. Set aside.
4) Rinse the parsley, dry it and chop just enough to measure 3 tablespoons. Set aside.
5) Squeeze enough lemon juice to make up for 2 tablespoons. Set aside.
6) Place a large heavy-gauge skillet over medium flame and heat the olive oil. Add the shrimp and sauté it, stirring all the time, for about 2 minutes or till it has turned lightly golden.
7) Stir in the garlic and sauté for another 3 minutes.
8) Add the lemon juice, butter, white wine and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 5 minutes or till the shrimps start to curl and have turned opaque.
9) Sprinkle breadcrumbs and parsley all over and cook for about 1 minute.
10) Serve hot after turning the shrimp onto a platter with risotto.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2305 Calories from Fat 1049
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 118 g182.2%
Saturated Fat 40.8 g204.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 990.8 mg330.3%
Sodium 1617.4 mg67.4%
Total Carbohydrates 152 g50.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.2%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 137 g273.3%
Vitamin A 177.2% Vitamin C 270.4%
Calcium 58.3% Iron 123.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet