|Yellow onion||1 Medium|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Long rice grain||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Peel the onions and chop them neatly.
2) Place a large heavy-gauge saucepan over medium flame and heat the oil. Add the onion and saute for about 5 minutes or till the color of the vegetable has turned golden brown.
3) Stir in the butter, 3 cups of chicken stock, rice and salt and pepper to taste. Bring the flame down to low, cover the pan and cook for about 10 minutes, occasionally stirring. In case the rice starts to stick to the pan, add a bit of stock, stirring after each addition till it is thoroughly dissolved.
4) After about 10 minutes, take off the cover and let the excess stock to boil off. In case the rice seems too dry, add a bit of stock, cover and continue to cook over low flame for another 5 to 10 minutes or till the rice has tendered and all the liquid has been absorbed. Keep the pan covered.
5) Place a serving platter under running hot water to warm it.
6) Dry the platter. Add Parmesan to the rice and stir well. Turn out onto the warm platter and serve hot.