|Bacon (streaky) rashers||1⁄2 Pound, rinded|
|Onions||1⁄2 Pound, skinned and thinly sliced|
|Long grain rice||10 Ounce|
|Stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (Use Well Flavored)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Use a sharp knife or scissors and chop bacon into small cubes.
2) Take a frying pan and add bacon pieces in it. Heat gently, allowing all of the greasy fat to run off into the pan.
3) Cook bacon, Use a slotted spoon and remove the bacon from the pan and set aside.
4) Now add onion, parsley and rice to the pan and fry in the bacon fat, until browned. Add stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
5) Add seasonings as per taste and transfer the mixture to casserole that has a tight lid.
6) Bake in the preheated oven ( 375°F) for about 40 minutes. Once done, add bacon and stir well.
7) Allow the risotto to cool slightly and serve.
Calories 557 Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.3%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g46.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.2 mg12.4%
Sodium 862 mg35.9%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 31 g61.4%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 10.1%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet