2 Ounce (I Used Earth Balance But I Talked About Substitutes In The Video)
Finely minced onion
1 Bunch (100 gm)
2 Clove (10 gm)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
Dry white wine
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Vegetable broth/Water/ better than chicken bouillon with water
8 Cup (128 tbs)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
Place broth in a large sauce pot and keep over low heat. and use a ladle to add liquids.
• Steam your asparagus and when cutting separate the tips then cut the rest into about 1” pieces
• Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add vegan butter and sauté the onion until soft and translucent. Add garlic and sauté about 2 minutes. Stir in rice and sauté about 5 minutes.
• Add wine and let slowly cook down a couple minutes. Add your first ladle of veggie broth to the pan. Keep stirring continuously, adding a ladle at a time when the previous ladle of liquid cooks off.
• About more than half way through your liquids add the lower part of your asparagus spears and continue to add more liquid
• Once it gets close to the desired consistency add the spear tips and stir.
• After about 25 minutes. you want it to be soft, but still firm. Stir in the nutritional yeast and fresh cracked pepper.
• Note: if you only use water add some salt but if you use broth I think there’s enough salt in the broth
Are you searching for some delicious vegan recipe for your lunch or dinner - well, here is one special risotto recipe which uses vegan products along with fresh and crispy asparagus. It's simple but filled with nutrition. Follow the chef and prepare yourself.