Lala Cooks - Risotto
|Asparagus stalks||10 , cut in pieces|
|Shallot||1 , chopped|
|Zest of lemon||1|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Arborio rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low sodium vegetable stock||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mascarpone cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Parsley/Basil leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||To Taste|
1. Remove the hard part of the asparagus and blanch in boiling water for a few minutes until bright green but still crisp.
2. Remove the asparagus from boiling water and flash in ice water to stop cooking.
3. Cut into 3 pieces each and set aside.
4. In another large pot, sauté the shallots in olive oil and butter until soft and translucent.
5. Add in the rice and season with a little salt. Stir until coated.
6. Pour in the wine and cook, while stirring, until dry and the wine is gone.
7. Stir in the stock, one cup at a time with a ladle. Wait until each cup is soaked up by the rice until adding more, until the rice has become cooked and is al dente.
8. Season with salt and pepper and add in the asparagus, peas, lemon zest.
9. Add in the mascarpone to the risotto and cook for a few seconds.
10. Garnish with parsley and parmesan and serve.
Calories 505 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g21.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.8 mg5.9%
Sodium 444.9 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 33.6% Vitamin C 29.7%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet