In this episode Chef Newton makes a very yummy and easy to make risotto with some spring vegetables. You can use pretty much any vegetable you like to add your own flavor and flair to the dish....
10 , cut in pieces
1 , chopped
Zest of lemon
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Dry white wine
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Low sodium vegetable stock
8 Cup (128 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped
1. Remove the hard part of the asparagus and blanch in boiling water for a few minutes until bright green but still crisp.
2. Remove the asparagus from boiling water and flash in ice water to stop cooking.
3. Cut into 3 pieces each and set aside.
4. In another large pot, sauté the shallots in olive oil and butter until soft and translucent.
5. Add in the rice and season with a little salt. Stir until coated.
6. Pour in the wine and cook, while stirring, until dry and the wine is gone.
7. Stir in the stock, one cup at a time with a ladle. Wait until each cup is soaked up by the rice until adding more, until the rice has become cooked and is al dente.
8. Season with salt and pepper and add in the asparagus, peas, lemon zest.
9. Add in the mascarpone to the risotto and cook for a few seconds.
10. Garnish with parsley and parmesan and serve.
Have you been looking for the perfect Italian Risotto recipe? Look no further, chef Leslie shares her personal favorite recipe to prepare Risotto Italiano. Watch this video now and don’t forget to share the recipe with your friends too.