Kung Pao Shrimp Risotto
|Shrimp||1 Pound (Shelled, Deveined, Rinsed And Drained - 26 To 30 Pieces)|
|Diced red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried red chilies||4 (About 3 Inch Each)|
|Salad oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Arborio rice/Pearl rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fat free chicken broth||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Toasted sesame oil||1 Teaspoon (Asian)|
|Chopped green bell pepper/Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), or silvered|
|Chopped roasted salted peanuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||To Taste|
1. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, stir the shrimp until pink, about 2 minutes. Remove from pan.
2. Add diced red bell pepper, ginger, chilies, and salad oil to pan. Stir until vegetables are limp, about 3 minutes.
3. Add rice to pan and stir until opaque, 1 to 2 minutes. Add sherry and broth.
Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often, until rice is tender to bite, about 15 minutes.
4. Add shrimp and stir just until hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in sesame oil.
5. Ladle risotto into wide bowls or
mound on plates. Sprinkle portions with chopped bell pepper and peanuts. Add soy sauce to taste.