Risotto is one of those dishes that are infinitely variable once you learn the basics, and follow the ratios of liquid to rice. After that, you can remove, change and add almost any ingredient that you like - and to suit the dishes that it will be paired with.
This one is has a creamy texture thanks to the addition of mascarpone right at the end.
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1 Medium, finely chopped
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), finely chopped (2 stalks)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
4 Cup (64 tbs), chopped
1 Tablespoon, chopped
1) In a pot bring the chicken stock to a simmer and leave it on a simmer.
2) In a deep saute pan heat half of the olive oil on a medium high heat.
3) Add the onion and saute just until soft.
4) Then add the celery and cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
5) Stir in the rice and cook for about 2 minutes.
6) Pour the white wine into the pan and cook until absorbed.
7) Add coriander and 1 ladle-full of chicken stock.
8) Continue cooking and stirring adding more stock a ladle-full at a time as it is absorbed and the rice is al-dente, have some bite but not crunchy.
9) In the final stage of the rice cooking, heat another saute pan with the remaining olive oil.
10) Add the mushrooms and cook until soft.
11) Stir the mushrooms into the risotto.
12) Just before serving stir in the mascarpone and chives.
13) Spoon the risotto into serving plates and serve.
If you want to make restaurant-like risotto, here is a perfect recipe for you. Mushroom risotto is quite a popular preparation, which you too can prepare by yourself. Watch the video and follow the easy steps to serve warm plates of mushroom risotto on your table.