Tuna fried rice is a popular street food in Malaysia. Tuna is a low fat food making every meal healthy and desired.
2 Cup (32 tbs)
75 Gram (deshelled)
2 Clove (10 gm), minced
2 , sliced
185 Gram (in mineral water)
1. Heat up the wok with some oil on high heat. Once wok is hot, fry the garlic until fragrant. Then add in the prawns and the tuna and stir-fry further.
2. Add in the carrot, the peas, and the rice quickly and continue to stir fry. Make sure that the rice chunks are all broken down using our wok spatula.
3. Then, pour the soy sauce and stir fry evenly to coat everything.
4. Push the rice aside and break the egg in the middle of the wok. Use the spatula’s edge to scramble the egg and mix it well with the rice.
5. Add in spring onions and season with salt and pepper. Remove the wok from heat.
6. Scoop the tuna fried rice onto a plate and decorate with slices of red chilli. Garnish with slices of cucumber and tomatoes on the side.
7. We can also serve with prawn crackers if we wish to add in crunchiness.
Love street food? Try Stir-fried tuna rice. This popular Malaysian street food can be made within minutes and tastes awesome. This meal is healthy because of tuna which is a low fat food. You can serve it garnished with slices of red chillies, cucumbers and tomatoes.