Sanma Takikomi Gohan
|Sanma||1 (Pacific Saury)|
|Carrot||2 1⁄2 Ounce (70 gram)|
|Shimeji and maitake mushrooms||5 1⁄4 Ounce (150 gram)|
|Sudachi/1/2 lemon||1⁄2 (Green Citrus)|
|Long green onion||1 Bunch (100 gm) (1 bundle)|
|Rice||360 Milliliter (1 1/2 cup)|
|For dashi stock|
|Water||340 Milliliter (1 1/2 cup)|
|Granulated kombu dashi||3 Gram (0.1 gram)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Drain the washed rice 30 minutes beforehand.
2. To prepare the pacific saury, chop off the head and tail.
3. Make a cut through the belly and remove the guts.
4. Immerse the fish in a bowl of water and clean it from inside.
5. Use a chop stick to remove the dirt from the backbone.
6. Wash the fish well under running water.
7. Wipe the fish inside and outside with a kitchen paper.
8. Cut the fish in two halves.
9. Sprinkle salt on the surface and rub it on the surface.
10. Turn on the stove and place the fish on a saucepan.
11. Brown the surface and flip it over. This process removes the fish odor and increases it fragrant flavor.
12. Cut the carrot into 4 pieces. Slice it into thin slices.
13. Split the shimeji mushroom into small pieces with hands.
14. Split the maitake mushroom with hands.
15. Slice the ginger into thin slices. Chop into fine strips.
16. Cut the sudachi into half.
17. Cut the green onion into 3 pieces. Chop them up into 3 pieces.
18. Put the prewashed rice in a rice cooker. Put water, granulated kombu dashi, sake and soy sauce.
19. Mix lightly and place the vegetables and mushrooms. Place the sliced ginger, carrot, shimeji and maitake mushrooms.
20. Finally placed the fried sanma on top.
21. Close the lid and set the rice cooker.
22. When the rice is done, remove the sanma from the cooker and place on a plate.
23. Remove the back bone and small bones from the fish.
24. Return the boneless sanma to the rice cooker again and add the chopped green onions.
25. Mix it to barely combine the rice and other ingredients.
26. Scoop out some takikomi gohan in a bowl and garnish with more chopped green onions and squeeze the lemon on top.