This video recipe for making steamed rice shows you how to prepare Asian style rice. Asian rice is mostly sticky. The Koreans like the Chinese, prefer the sticky short grain rice over the log grained European variety. This steamed rice is eaten popularly across the oriental countries and is one of the staple menu items.
Short grain sticky rice
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
- Rinse the rice in cold water about 4 times.
- Put the rice into a pot and add 2 1/2 cups of water.
- Turn the stove on high heat and bring it to a boil. Do not cover it.
- Let is boil for 5 minutes and then turn the heat down to medium heat and cover it with a lid.
- Let the rice cook for about 40 minutes.
Flavorful, fast, and healthy, Asian style rice dish made by Anna Kim calls for sticky, short grain rice and is a staple in almost all Asian homes. Sticky, succulent, and scrumptious, this slow-cooker recipe barely takes any arduous effort to make. A real delicacy indeed.