Dried Apricots And Wild Rice
|Uncooked wild rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into slivers|
|Uncooked long grain white rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Rinse wild rice in hot water and drain several times.
2. Place rice and 3 cups of the water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 45 minutes.
3. Drain rice. Toss with scallions, apricots, and parsley.
4. Combine the remaining 3 tablespoons water, vinegar, orange rind, and black pepper.
5. Pour vinegar sauce over rice and toss.