Rice balls with meat is a wonderful Korean dish. The rice is nicely blended with the sauteed meat and toasted seaweed, then shaped into scrumptious balls. Join James and see him prepare the dish. Try out the spicy Rice balls with meat and enjoy!
1 Pound (Lamb Or Beef)
Cooked mixed rice
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Salted seaweed sheets
Black pepper powder
1) In a bowl add all the marinade ingredients and mix well.
2) Pour the marinade over the meat, coat well and marinate for one hour.
3) In a pan, saute the meat until brown and let it cool.
4) Also cool the cooked rice.
5) Meanwhile, toast the seaweed.
6) Mix 2-3 sheets of seaweed into rice, mix in the meat.
7) Shape into balls. Place a ball into a plastic wrap and make into a tight ball. Repeat the same for the other balls.
8)Remove from the wrap and serve.
Wondering what to do with leftover cooked rice which has gone a bit sticky? Try making this Korean rice seaweed and lamb meatballs. These Jumuk Bap is similar to the Japanese Yaki Onigiri. It is a wonderful idea for a party appetizer because these meatballs need no frying or baking! Delicious for a summer patio party and impressive dish to put out during a cocktail party!
Jumuk Bap Recipe Video, Korean Rice Seaweed And Lamb Balls