Vegetable Curry With Coconut Rice
|French beans||175 Gram|
|Green peas||175 Gram|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm)|
|Grated coconut||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger piece||1 Inch|
|Coriander seeds||4 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Gram dal||1 Tablespoon|
|Kashmiri red chillies||12|
|Uncooked rice||2 Teaspoon|
For the curry
1. Cut all the vegetables (except green peas) into small pieces.
2. Boil all the vegetables except tomatoes.
3. Grate the cocoanut. Add 2 teacups of hot water and allow to stand for a little while. Blend it in a liquidiser and strain or pass through a sieve at least twice to take out thick cocoanut milk.
4. Heat the ghee in a big vessel and fry the paste for at least 3 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and curry leaves and fry again for 3 minutes.
6. Add the vegetables, cocoanut milk and salt and boil for 30 minutes.
Serve hot with cocoanut rice or with bread.
For the cocoanut rice
1. Cut the onions in slices.
2. Take out cocoanut milk in the same way as mentioned above for the curry.
3. Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the onions for a little time.
4. Add the cinnamon and cloves and fry again for 1 minute.
5. Add the rice, cocoanut milk and salt. Cover and cook slowly until the rice is cooked. If any extra liquid is required, add water to the rice. Serve hot with any curry.