Dry Fruit And Walnut Rice
|Rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Cooking oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, sliced|
1. Wash and drain the rice.
2. Slice the Apricots, wash and drain.
3. Wash the Raisins and Walnuts and drain them.
4. Sauté the onions in oil until it becomes golden in color.
5. Add the rice; and stir it around to mix well with the onions and oil.
6. Add the spices.
7. Add the apricots, raisins and walnuts.
8. Keep stirring it into mix well and till you feel that water has evaporated from the rice mix.
9. Add hot water, cook on high heat for few minutes, cover and continue cooking on low heat until the rice is fluffy and cooked.
10. Garnish with almonds and serve hot. You may serve it next to green salad or plain yogurt.