Pressure Cook Brown Rice in 10 Minutes. It's amazing how easy it is to cook rice this way. Be sure to share this video with your pressure cooking friends.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
4 Cup (64 tbs) (1.5 cups for rice and 2.5 cups in cooker)
1. In a pressure cooker bowl, place together rice, salt, garlic powder and 1-½ cups of water.
2. Cover the bowl with aluminium foil, cover tightly but leaving extra foil on top to rise with steam.
3. In a pressure cooker, place the cooker rack and pour in 2 ½ cups of water.
4. Check cooker lid for rubber seal and pressure regulator.
5. Place the pressure cooker on medium high heat.
6. As the pressure starts to form and the regulator starts to wobble, lower the heat to medium low, and cook to 10 minutes.
7. Turn off the heat and take the pressure cooker off the stove and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
8. After 10 minutes, remove the pressure regulator, lid and allow the rice to rest in pot for 5 minutes more.
9. After 5 minutes, remove the bowl from pressure cooker, remove the foil and fluff up the rice with fork.
10. Serve the rice as desired.
It is not safe to open the lid before the cooker is cooled down on its own.