Arroz con Pollo
|Adobo seasoning||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Turkey ham steaks||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely (organic)|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Red pimentos||4 Tablespoon|
|Cajun seasoning mix||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||10 Ounce (organic)|
|Can asparagus||10 Ounce|
|Can snowpeas||10 Ounce|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1 , roasted|
1. Marinade the chicken with adobo seasoning and leave overnight.
2. Heat a large skillet; pour in olive oil and sauté the chicken, until golden brown.
3. Take out the chicken and fry the turkey ham steaks and add in water.
4. Add in the onion, green and red bell pepper, garlic and cilantro.
5. Followed by green olives red pimento, capers, Cajun seasoning and tomato sauce. Sauté well all the ingredients.
6. Pour in juice from the asparagus juice and snow peas sauce from the can.
7. Pour in the ham steak back to the skillet with water. Add in chicken again and cover the skillet. Simmer for 20 minutes.
8. After that take out the chicken from the skillet and keep that in a preheated oven to stay warm. Cover the dish with aluminium foil.
9. In the stew add in the rice and cover the skillet cook for 10 minutes.
10. Add in the chicken and garnish with roasted bell pepper, asparagus and snow peas and serve hot.
Calories 347 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.3%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.5 mg11.5%
Sodium 420.8 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 16 g31.4%
Vitamin A 28.2% Vitamin C 90.7%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet