Black Gomoku Rice Balls
|Japanese rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), uncooked|
|Black pork||100 Gram, thinly sliced|
|Dried sliced kelp||10 Gram|
|Black rice||10 Gram|
|Dried shitake mushrooms||5 Gram, sliced|
|Hot water||50 Milliliter|
|Black sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Nori sheets||4 , halved|
1. Wash and drain the dried sliced kelp (they will become slightly soft after 5 minutes or so).
2. Soak dried shiitake mushrooms in 50ml hot water until they become soft (after 2 minutes or so).
3. Cut thinly sliced black pork into bite-size pieces.
4. Wash rice if needed.
5. Place the rice and water (to the correct water level) in a Japanese rice cooker, then add softened shiitake mushrooms with the soaking liquid, black rice, black sesame seeds, softened sliced kelp, and black pork. Then mix well.
6. Close the rice cooker and press the button to start.
7. When it's done, do not open and let it steam for about 10 minutes.
8. Put steamed rice in a bowl and let it cool until you can handle it.
9. Wet your hands in water so that the rice won't stick. Place the rice on your hand. Form the rice into a triangle by pressing lightly with your palms.
10. Wrap with nori sheet. Wrap with plastic wrap to shape it.
11. Serve right away.