|Cucumber||1 , slice|
|Avocado||1 , slice|
|Lemon wedges||1 , squeeze|
|Imitation crab meat||1 Packet|
|Sushi rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Cut ends off the cucumber. Cut the remaining portion to the same length as the
seaweed. Slice cucumber in half lengthwise, and then cut each half into thin
2. Squeeze a little lemon juice onto a plate for the avocado. Peel and cut the
avocado in half. Then slice the avocado lengthwise very thin. Sprinkle with
lemon on top and between slices to prevent discoloration.
3. Place the sushi roll rice base seaweed side up.
4. Starting slightly closer to the front than the exact center, lay the crab sticks in an
even horizontal line from one end of the rice base to the other.
5. Layer the cucumber and avocado evenly along the line of crab sticks.
6. Lifting the corners of the bamboo mat nearest you, carefully roll the rice and
seaweed over the ingredients, pulling back the plastic wrap as you go. Squeeze
firmly, but not so hard that the ingredients are crushed inside.
7. Continue rolling carefully, pulling back the plastic wrap as you go, squeezing and
shaping until the roll is tight and complete. Make sure there is a little overlap of
the internal seaweed and external rice on the final turn. No ingredients should
extend beyond the seam.
8. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top and sides of the roll, patting gently so that
9. Soak a clean dishtowel in a mixture of water and rice vinegar (1 cup water + 1 T.
vinegar). Wring out the excess liquid.
10. Place roll on a cutting board. With a very sharp knife, slice in half, and then cut
into pieces 2-3 cm thick, working outward toward each end. Wipe the blade of
the knife on the damp dishtowel between each cut. This method ensures the best
shape for each piece.
11. Arrange on a plate or sushi geta and serve with pickled ginger, wasabi (Japanese
horseradish) and soy sauce.