The Posh Pescatarian: Red Beans And Rice With Shrimp
|Red beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled, deveined|
|Water/Vegetable broth||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium|
|Orange bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium|
|Yellow bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium|
|Garlic cloves||3 Medium|
|Celery stalk||1 Medium|
|Herbs de provence||1 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||To Taste|
1. Roughly chop garlic, 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 yellow bell pepper, 1/2 orange bell pepper, onion, celery and tomatoes and add into a bowl.
2. Cut the tails off jumbo shrimp and dice them.
3. In a pot with hot olive oil add the cut vegetables and spices and allow to sweat.
4. Add 2 cups of broth and 2 cups of water.
5. Add the beans along with a little water and let it to cook for about 1/2 an hour.
6. Check on beans and frequently add water or broth as needed.
7. Add rice, then after 10 minutes add the shrimp and hot pepper sauce.
8. Add 1/3 cup of water and let it cook until done.
9. Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.
Calories 502 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.4%
Saturated Fat 0.68 g3.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.8 mg16.3%
Sodium 1733.3 mg72.2%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.2%
Dietary Fiber 14 g56%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 27 g53.8%
Vitamin A 93.4% Vitamin C 138.2%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 40.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet