Simple Vegetable Fried Rice
|Long grain rice basmati rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spring onions||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Broccoli florets||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Red chili sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Boil the Basmati rice with a little salt and 1 tsp oil, till each grain is separate and almost cooked. Drain and keep it to cool.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and add onions and saute till golden brown.
3. Add all the vegetables (except spring onions) and stir fry for around 5-7 minutes till it becomes crispy.
4. Add the spring onions, salt, ajinomoto and sauces and stir for a few minutes and keep aside. Add more chilly sauce if you like the Fried Rice to be spicy.
5. Heat a wok or Frying Pan and add 2 tbsps of oil.
6. Add the cooked rice and stir-fry for a few minutes.
7. Stir in the cooked vegetables and sauces and combine the rice and vegetables gently, till the rice is evenly coated. You can sprinkle some pepper powder at the end.
8. The Fried Rice is ready to be served hot.
If you want to reduce the amount of oil, you can skip steps 5 and 6. Instead add the boiled rice, directly to the cooked vegetables and mix gently.
Please visit my site http://malayali.me for more such recipes!