Insalata Di Riso
|Raw long grain rice||2 Pound|
|Green olives||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ripe black olives||1 Cup (16 tbs) (preferably Gaeta)|
|Gruyere cheese||7 Ounce, diced|
|Cooked ham||7 Ounce, cut into thick slices and diced|
|Roasted red peppers||7 Ounce, cut into thin strips|
|Ripe tomatoes||7 Ounce, skinned and diced|
|Chopped gherkins||To Taste|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Black olives||1 Tablespoon|
|Roasted red peppers||3|
1. Cook rice al dente as per the instructions on package. Be careful not to overcook.
2. Drain excess water. Spread rice on clean towels to dry the water.
3. Prepare salad ingredients.
4. Turn in a large chilled bowl. Add the cold rice and mix gently.
5. Add tomatoes if serving at once or else add later.
6. In a small bowl add lemon juice, mustard and lemon juice. Mix well and beat using a fork.
7. Add pepper and salt as per taste.
8. Pour on rice mixture.
9. Serve with black olives and pepper garnish.