Wild Rice With Shitake Mushrooms
|Raw wild rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, coarsely, chopped|
|Celery ribs||3 Large, diced|
|Carrots||2 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Leaf marjoram||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried shitake mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, soaked overnight and in thin slices|
1. In a large and heavy saucepan mix wild rice and salt.
2. Add 7 cups water. Boil over moderate heat.
3. Reduce the flame and simmer for 55 minutes keeping the saucepan partly covered. Simmer till the rice pops and the grains get tender.
4. In a skillet add olive oil. Warm it.
5. Add onions and celery. Cook, while stirring for 10 minutes till the ingredients get limp and golden.
6. Mix carrots, rosemary, pepper, thyme and marjoram.
7. Lower the heat and cook 10 minutes.
8. In a large bowl transfer all the ingredients.
9. Combine mushrooms in the skillet and increase the heat.
10. Cook for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
11. Mix hot wild rice. Toss well.
12. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
13. Serve wild rice with shitake mushrooms hot.