What do you do after a party where there is a lot of leftover rice? Who wants to eat the same thing again? Here's a great recipe to jazz up your white rice and sneak in some veggies to your kids. This is quick, nutritious and yummy! This is a great recipe for the whole family to eat!
Cooked white rice
2 Cup (32 tbs) (However Much You Have Leftover And Adjust All Ingredients Accordingly)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
6 (Neem Leaves)
1 Large (Any Other Veggie You Would Like To Sneak Into Your Kids I.E. Grated Zucchini, Chopped Spinach, Etc)
1 Cup (16 tbs), washed
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Chopped coriander leaves
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Pinch (More If You Are Not Cooking For Kids Or You Can Add Green Chilies)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and once heated added the mustard seeds
- Once the seeds are sizzling add the garlic and onion
- Once you can smell the garlic and onion add the curry leaves - don't brown the onions
- Add the rice and you may need to add some water to loosen the rice
- Once all of the lumps are out of the rice add the turmeric and the cayenne pepper
- Mix and then add the peas and cover for 3-4 minutes until everything is warmed up
- Finally - top with scallions, chopped cilantro, and lemon juice
- Now eat!
This is my first live cooking session and was it hard! I didn't realize how hard it is to cook in front of a camera! Bear with me as I learn to effectively cook on camera.
After a party you are left with loads of white rice and you don’t know how to use them; can't throw them either. Of course you wouldn't want to spend a lot of time cooking on the very next day of the party. So, here is a very easy and delicious way of using all those leftover rice with no worries. Here the chef also shows excellent ways to sneak in lots of veggies to compensate for the calories added, if you wish to, serve this for a party!