Rice Stuffed Zucchini
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a pan and parboil zucchini until tender.
3) Cut each zucchini lengthwise into half and scrape out the seeds creating a cavity.
4) Take a pan and heat margarine in it. Add onion and saute until tender.
5) Stir in tomato paste, rice, basil, pepper, salt, bouillon powder and water. Bring the mixture to a boil.
6) Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until rice becomes tender and all liquid gets absorbed. Allow the rice to cool.
7) Spoon the rice mixture inside the zucchini shells and bake for about 20 minutes.
8) Transfer to a platter and garnish with chopped parsley.