Squash and Rice
|Yellow squash||3 Pound|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Peel squash. Cut it into thin slices.
2. In a saucepan, cook squash over a low flame until liquid from squash cover the bottom of pan.
3. Add salt and rice.
4. Cover loosely with a lid and cook it over a low flame for 50 minutes.
5. Check it frequently while it is cooking and add a little water if necessary.
6. Mash the squash. Add sugar, butter and cream.
7. Check for seasoning.
8. To serve Squash And Rice, top with fresh thyme sprigs.