Cornish Hen with Wild Rice
|Wild rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground giblets of hen||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required)|
|Chicken fat||4 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||3 Teaspoon|
|Cornish hen||3 Pound (1 Or 2 Small Sized, Or Cornish Hens)|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
1) Take a saucepan and cook the wild rice according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2) Take a skillet and heat 2 tablespoons chicken fat in it. Add mushrooms, onion and giblets. Cook for about 10 minutes.
3) Add rice, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1 teaspoon salt.
4) Stuff the hen with the prepared mixture. Sew the opening.
5) Take a deep skillet and heat all remaining fat in it. Brown the hen in it.
6) Add 1/2 cup boiling water and cover.
7) Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until tender.
8) Remove the cover and bake for another 15 minutes.
9) Transfer to a large platter and serve immediately.
Calories 528 Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.8%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 213.6 mg71.2%
Sodium 831.6 mg34.7%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 35 g70.2%
Vitamin A 32.5% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet