Braised Kidneys and Rice
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Tomato||1 , chopped|
|Stock/Water + chicken stock cube||1⁄2 Pint|
|Lamb kidneys||8 Small|
|Boiled long grain rice||3 Ounce|
1) You may choose to keep the kidneys whole or halve them. Remove their skin and gristle though.
1) In a pan, melt the fat. Add in the onion and tomato and fry till they have softened slightly.
2) Add in the flour. Stir well and cook for a few minutes.
3) Slowly, pour in the stock or water and chicken stock cube.
4) Let the mixture come to a boil. Cook on simmer till the sauce becomes smooth and thick at the same time.
5) Add in the lamb kidneys. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Mix well.
6) Cook the mixture over a low flame for about 20 minutes. If desired, add in a few teaspoons of wine.
7) Serve the Braised KIdneys over a plateful of steamed rice. If desired, garnish with chopped bacon.