Risotto With Bacon, Shiitake Mushrooms And Walnuts
|Chicken stock||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Powdered shitake/Powdered porcini mushrooms.||2 Tablespoon|
|Crimini/Portobello mushrooms||1 Pound|
|Chopped basil/Basil chiffonade.||3 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Bacon/Pancetta||1 Pound, cut into 0.25 in pieces|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm) (Fine Chopped Or Minced)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Arborio rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan/Grana padana / parm reggiano / asiago cheese.||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Gorgonzola cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Bring your chicken stock to a simmer. It must be hot to make risotto.
2 Combine your powered shitake/procini mushrooms with your Crimini mushrooms in a bowl and put aside.
3. In a large saute pan saute your bacon/pancetta in the olive oil on medium heat until the fat is rendered and the bacon/pancetta browns and well cooked. This will take 10-15 minutes depending on stove and saute pan.
4. After the bacon/pancetta cooks remove it with a slotted spoon and place to the side.
Risotto: Risotto With Bacon, Mushrooms And Walnuts A Great Risotto Recipe
5. In the same pan with the rendered fat saute your onions and garlic until softened and browned a bit. This will take anywhere from 5-10 minutes depending on stove and saute pan size.
6. Now take your mushroom mixture and add to the saute pan and stir to combine ingredients. 3-5 minutes.
7. Once mushrooms have softened and reduced add your rice and reserved bacon back into the saute pan
and stir to coat all the rice in oil.
8. Once the wine is coated check the quality of the browning of the ingredients in the pan and then add your wine slowly to deglaze the pan of all those tasty brown bits. Remember to scrape the bottom of the pan and stir constantly. Allow the alcohol to evaporate and most of the liquid to be absorbed into the rice. About 2-5 minutes, just watch.
9. Now begin to add chicken stock 1 cup at a time and stir constantly to prevent sticking and burning.
10. Let the rice absorb the chicken stock. About 2-3 mins + before adding more stock.
11. Continue adding stock 1 cup at a time and let get absorbed until 4 cups have been reached.
12. Now start adding stock into pan at rate of 1/2 cup of stock at a time and let get absorbed.
13. The risotto should be nice and creamy by now. It will “tighten” up when it is served.
14. When the risotto is completely finished in the saute pan it is time to add 1/4 cup Parmesan, 1/4 cup Gorgonzola, 1/4 cup chicken stock, 1/4 cup heavy cream and stir it all up for a minute or so.
15. Now add your basil and 1 cup crushed walnuts and stir for another 1-2 minutes.
16. Put a cover on the saute pan and turn off heat and let stand for 2 minutes more to allow walnuts to soften.
17. Once walnuts have softened a bit serve the dish quickly. Optional: Add additional Gorgonzola/Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes if desired. Enjoy!
Calories 1290 Calories from Fat 650
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g113%
Saturated Fat 16.3 g81.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.5 mg25.2%
Sodium 1561.5 mg65.1%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g36.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.8%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 39 g78%
Vitamin A 18.6% Vitamin C 14%
Calcium 24.7% Iron 24.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet