Three Grain Wild Rice Bread
|Whole wheat pastry flour/Spelt flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Yellow cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Cooked wild rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour milk/Soy milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Honey/Rice syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Molasses/Malt syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) Oven is preheated to 375 degrees c.
2) Baking sheets are greased and kept aside.
3) Yeast is sprinkled over warm water in the work bowl of the food processor and stirred well by running the processor.
4) This is set aside for about 5 minutes till starts to bubble and gets foamy.
5) The whole wheat pastry flour, milk, honey, molasses, oil, salt, cornmeal and oats are mixed in the processor.
6) Two cups of bread flour is added along with cooked wild rice are mixed and allowed to rest for about 20 minutes.
7) The remaining flour is added and the dough is kneaded in the work bowl itself, by running the processor a couple of times.
8) Ensure the dough is well kneaded and not sticking to the sides of the work bowl. Add a little flour or water, if needed. The dough should not be over processed, else the yeast will not work and the dough will not rise.
9) The dough is coated with olive oil in a bowl.
10) The bowl is wrapped with a plastic wrap and set aside for about an hour, to rise.
11) The dough is punched and divided into 12 equal portions or left as is.
12) The 12 potions are rolled into balls or shaped into a loaf.
13) The balls are placed on the baking sheet and the top is pressed slightly.
14) They are covered with a clean towel and placed in a warm draft-free place for about 60 minutes and allowed to rise.
15) The balls/loaf are baked for about 45 minutes. Give only 30 minutes if they are balls.
16) They are baked till they turn golden brown and sound hollow when the bottom is tapped.
17) The balls/bread are removed from the oven and cooled on the rack.
18) This bread is best eaten the same day, because the pepper in the bread is fresh and tastes wonderful.
Calories 379 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.5%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 371.8 mg15.5%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.4%
Sugars 14.3 g
Protein 13 g25.9%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.45%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet