Chicken Livers With Rice
|Chicken livers||2 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coarsely shredded carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Uncooked regular rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken-flavored bouillon granules||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground turmeric||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Peeled chopped tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a Dutch oven saute chicken livers in oil 5 minutes until browned.
2. Remove livers, and drain on paper towels and reserve skillet drippings.
3. Cut livers into quarters and set aside.
4. In the reserved drippings saute carrots, onion, parsley and garlic until onion is tender.
5. Add chicken livers and next 6 ingredients and bring to a boil.
6. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes until rice is tender.
7. Stir in tomatoes and cook until thoroughly heated.
8. Serve hot spreading the livers and tomatoes over the rice.