Nice Spice Rice
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Long grain brown rice/Mixed grains||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Frozen peas/Fresh peas||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Mixed seeds||2 Ounce (Mix Of 50 Gram Sunflower, Sesame, And Pumpkin)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a saucepan, heat the oil, and fry the onion gently for about 3 minutes.
2. Stir in rice or grains, garlic, and spices and fry for about 3 minutes. Stir the mixture occasionally so as to avoid the grains from sticking.
3. Add boiling water and stir the mixture once and add peas.
4. Boil the mixture, cover the pan and simmer for about half an hour until the grains get nicely cooked.
5. While grains are cooking, toast the seeds lightly in a frying pan for few minutes or microwave it for another 2 minutes.
6. Coat the mixture in shoyu and cook additionally for a minute.
7. Stir in the flavored seeds into rice and cook for another 5 minutes. Add these seeds just 5 minutes before the end of cooking time.
8. Season the dish to taste and serve it hot.
9. Serve the nice spice rice hot with some side dish like salad.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1495 Calories from Fat 297
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.3%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1280.5 mg53.4%
Total Carbohydrates 257 g85.7%
Dietary Fiber 22.8 g91.3%
Sugars 19.6 g
Protein 44 g87.2%
Vitamin A 109% Vitamin C 93%
Calcium 21.1% Iron 66.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet