Squid With Ginger And Vegetable Rice
|Long grain rice||12 Ounce|
|Cleaned squid||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Spring onions||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Grated green ginger||1 Inch (Or Chopped)|
|Dry sherry||5 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Mustard greens||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Cress||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) Rinse, drain and dry the rice.
2) Peel the carrot and slice long into 1/2-inch slices. Further, slice them into matchstick-sized lengths.
3) In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add in the carrots and saute for 2 minutes. Pour in water and let it come to a boil.
4) Add in the rice with a little salt. Let it boil. Cover tightly and cook on simmer for 15 minutes or till is cooked and the liquid has evaporated.
5) Sliced the washed and dried squid into thin rings. Slice the tentacles into 1-inch pieces.
6) Trim the spring onions and cut them into long quarters and further into 3-inch pieces.
7) In a small bowl mix the cornflour with sherry.
8) In a frying pan, heat oil. Add in the squid and ginger. Saute for about 3 minutes.
9) Add in the spring onions and soy sauce and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Mix in the cornflour paste. Let the mixture boil. Then cook for 2 more minutes. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Mix well.
10) Using a fork, fluff the cooked rice. Transfer onto the serving plate. Spoon the squid mixture over the rice.
11) Add a little mustard, cress and scatter slightly. Serve immediately.