Fried Rice Bamboo
|Raw rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pork fillets||1⁄2 Pound, sliced into very thin strips (250 Grams)|
|Cornflour||1 Teaspoon (Slightly Rounded Teaspoon)|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Lard/Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), diced|
|Cooked peas||1⁄2 Pound (Firm Ones)|
|Egg||1 , beaten with 1/4 cup milk|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) A day prior to making the dish, rinse the rice thoroughly and cook in plenty of boiling salted water.
2) Drain thoroughly, rinse again and spread to dry.
3) In a bowl, combine the pork, cornflour, salt, pepper, sugar and soy sauce, mix until the pork is thoroughly coated.
4) In a wok, heat the oil and stir fry the pork strips over a high heat, until evenly browned.
5) Remove from the pan and chop the pork strips into small pieces.
6) Return the wok to heat, add a little more oil and lightly saute the onions and peas.
7) Stir the minced pork and cooked rice, mix thoroughly over a low heat until thoroughly heated.
8) Season the egg and milk mixture with salt and pepper.
9) In a small pan, add the egg mixture to make a thin, flat omelette.
10) Chop the omelette and stir into the rice mixture in the pan.
11) Reheat thoroughly, adjust the seasonings and add a little more soy sauce, if desired or pass the soy sauce later.
12) Serve the Fried Rice Bamboo hot.