Chicken Curry With Brown Rice
|Chicken meat||8 Ounce, cooked (250 Grams)|
|Chicken broth mix||1 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Packet Knorr)|
|Carrots||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Tomato puree||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Curry powder||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Mixed dried fruit||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown rice||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
1. Remove and discard skin from chicken; cut meat into small pieces.
2. Peel onion, carrot and celery; dice them.
3. In a saucepan, prepare chicken broth following instructions on the package.
4. Add diced vegetables, tomato puree and curry powder to the broth; simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add chicken pieces, diced apples and mixed fruits; simmer for another 20 minutes.
6. In a saucepan, cook 1 ounce of rice per person or portion before serving.
7. Let mixture cool down and then divide into 4 equal portions.
8. Store in individual containers and freeze until served.
9. Remove required portion from freezer and defrost.
10. In a saucepan, heat mixture until it simmers.
11. In a plate, serve rice and top with chicken curry; serve immediately.
Calories 330 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.2%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.5 mg14.2%
Sodium 850.7 mg35.4%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g23%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 17 g33.7%
Vitamin A 52.2% Vitamin C 12.6%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet