Cheese Rice Ring
|Quick cooking rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a 2-€ quart glass casserole, mix rice, water and oil.
2. Cover it and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes.
3. Keep it aside still covered for 5 minutes.
4. Add cheese, milk, eggs, salt and mustard.
5. In a 6-cup baking ring, pour the above contents.
6. Cover it and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes. Rotate ¼ turn halfway through cooking.
7. Keep it aside covered to cool for 5 minutes.
8. Serve Cheese Rice Ring with ham, fish or poultry.
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.5%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 148 mg49.3%
Sodium 764.2 mg31.8%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.54 g2.2%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 16 g31.4%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 33.4% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet