Chicken Rice Croquettes
|Butter||2 Ounce (60 Grams)|
|Plain flour||2 Ounce (60 Grams)|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped and cooked|
|Onion/Shallot||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Egg||1 , beaten with little milk|
|Soft white breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Or As Required)|
|Oil/Fat||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Parsley sprigs||2 (Or As Required)|
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter, stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute without browning.
2) Pour in the milk, stir and cook until the sauce comes to a boil and acquires a thick consistency.
3) Season with salt and pepper to taste, then simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
4) Stir in the rice, chicken, shallot and parsley; mix thoroughly.
5) Turn out on a plate and allow to cool.
6) In a shallow bowl, combine the salt and pepper with the flour.
7) In a small bowl, beat the egg with a little milk for glazing.
8) Take spoonsful of the chicken-rice mixture and shape into croquettes in the seasoned flour.
9) Dip each croquette in egg mixture then dredge with breadcrumbs.
10) Refrigerate for minimum 30 minutes to chill.
11) In a frying pan, deep fry the croquettes in hot fat until golden brown; drain on paper towels.
12) Garnish the Chicken Rice Croquettes with parsely and serve hot.