Mother's Hamburger Rice Dish
|Converted rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hamburger/Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Canned whole tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Large Can)|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Saute the rice over moderate heat in the oil in a medium skillet till it has become opaque.
2) Transfer the rice to a slow cooker.
3) Saute the hamburger over high heat in the same skillet. Crumble the hamburger as you saute it and let the underside heat just enough to stick and become brown.
4) Into the slow cooker, turn the hamburger.
5) Add the tomato paste, tomatoes and water to the still hot skillet and scrape up the pan juices.
6) Add the green pepper, onion and salt and add the contents to the cooker.
7) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
8) Transfer the hot preparation to a serving plate and serve as a main course dish.