Mother's Hamburger Rice Dish
|Converted rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hamburger/Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Canned whole tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Large Can)|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Saute the rice over moderate heat in the oil in a medium skillet till it has become opaque.
2) Transfer the rice to a slow cooker.
3) Saute the hamburger over high heat in the same skillet. Crumble the hamburger as you saute it and let the underside heat just enough to stick and become brown.
4) Into the slow cooker, turn the hamburger.
5) Add the tomato paste, tomatoes and water to the still hot skillet and scrape up the pan juices.
6) Add the green pepper, onion and salt and add the contents to the cooker.
7) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
8) Transfer the hot preparation to a serving plate and serve as a main course dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2466 Calories from Fat 1196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 135 g207.7%
Saturated Fat 25 g124.9%
Trans Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 281.3 mg93.8%
Sodium 3906.8 mg162.8%
Total Carbohydrates 194 g64.7%
Dietary Fiber 19.4 g77.6%
Sugars 30.1 g
Protein 126 g252%
Vitamin A 118.6% Vitamin C 340.9%
Calcium 68.3% Iron 155.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet