Confetti Skillet Supper
|Regular rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Frozen lima beans||8 Ounce|
|Frozen whole kernel corn||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. In a large frying pan, melt butter. Saute rice and onion until onion is soft.
2. Stir in stewed tomatoes, lima beans, corn, salt and pepper.
3. Using a knife, score tops of frankfurters; halve each. Add it to the rice mixture and stir; then cover tightly.
4. Allow the mixture to simmer for 30 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat and fluff up with fork.
5. Serve hot on individual plates.
Calories 650 Calories from Fat 312
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.6%
Saturated Fat 14 g70.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91 mg30.3%
Sodium 2159.1 mg90%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.2%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 24 g48.6%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 47.2%
Calcium 38.5% Iron 44.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet