Rice and Parsley Casserole
|Converted rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced (Peeled)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely minced|
1) In a slow cooker, place all the ingredients except for the garlic, parsley and half of the butter.
2) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
3) When it is time to serve, melt the remaining butter in a large skillet placed over medium heat. Saute the garlic for about 1 minute.
4) Add the rice and mix it thoroughly with the garlic.
5) Sprinkle the top of the rice with parsley and mix well.
6) Transfer the Rice and Parsley Casserole to a serving plate and serve while still hot. Makes a good main course dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 703 Calories from Fat 323
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.6%
Saturated Fat 23.2 g115.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg32.3%
Sodium 3900.1 mg162.5%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 10 g20.8%
Vitamin A 73.1% Vitamin C 74.3%
Calcium 34.7% Iron 34.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet