Microwave Orange Rice
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely diced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Long grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange||1 , sliced|
|Toasted almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
1. In a microwave glass dish, melt the butter on ROAST (7) for 1/2 minutes
2. Add celery and onion to the pan and then cook on HIGH (9) for 2 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
3. Add the orange juice, water, and salt and cook covered on HIGH (9) for 6 minutes till cooked through
4. Add to the pan the rice, and cook covered on MEDIUM (5) for 12 minutes till all of the liquid is almost absorbed.
5. Let the dish sit for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
6. Garnish with orange slices and almonds.