Sesame Turkey and Garlic Fried Rice
|Turkey escalopes||10 Ounce|
|Dark soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Corn flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Baby sweet corn||4 Ounce|
|Fresh ginger root||2 Inch|
|Groundnut oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) (large cloves)|
|Chicken stock||4 Fluid Ounce|
|Long grain rice||10 Ounce, cooked|
|Fresh coriander||3 Ounce|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Cut the turkey diagonally into strips and put in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of the sherry, 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil, the sesame seeds, cornflour, salt and pepper and mix well together.
2. Cut the broccoli into small florets and the sweet corn diagonally in half. Put in a saucepan of boiling salted water and blanch for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold running water.
3. Heat a wok. Cut the ginger into thin slices and then finely chop. Add half of the oil and the remaining sesame oil into the wok, add the ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute until crispy. Add the turkey mixture and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. In another wok, heat the remaining groundnut oil. Roughly chop the onion and garlic and add to the oil. Season with salt and pepper and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add the remaining soy sauce, the sugar and stock to the turkey and simmer gently for 6-8 minutes until the sauce has reduced. Add the rice, season and cook for 4-5 minutes.
6. Blend the arrowroot with the remaining sherry. Add to the turkey with the broccoli and sweet corn and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Chop the coriander and stir into the rice.
7. Into warmed serving bowls, pile the rice, spoon the turkey over the rice.
8. Serve garnished with the chilli flowers.