Brown Rice Stuffing
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Unsalted butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Dash, freshly ground|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1) In a 3-quart saucepan, add in the rice, chicken stock and salt.
2) Let the mixture come to a boil. Mix well.
3) Turn down the heat, cover the pan and cook on simmer for about 45 minutes.
4) In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add in the onion, celery and garlic and saute the mixture till it becomes tender.
5) Add the vegetable mixture into the rice. Season it with salt, black pepper and chopped nuts. Toss the mixture well.
6) The Brown Rice Stuffing can be used to stuff turkey and chicken.