Lamb 'N Rice Skillet
Shortening - 2 tablespoons
Condensed beef broth - 1 can (10 1/2 ounces)
Sliced onions - 1/2 cup
Garlic - 1 medium, minced
Thyme - 1/4 teaspoon, crushed
Regular rice - 2/3 cup, raw
Frozen peas - 1 package (10 ounces)
Cashew - 1/4 cup
1. In a skillet pour the shortening and brown the lamb pieces in it.
2. Pour away the fat from the skillet.
3. Combine garlic, thyme, broth and onion with the lamb.
4. Add the peas and rice.
5. Cook further so that the rice and lamb pieces get tender, for at least 25 minutes.
6. Keep stirring so that the rice or lamb pieces do not stick to the bottom of the skillet.
7. Add the cashews to the mixture.
8. Serve lamb and rice hot.