Brown Rice Bread
|Skim milk||18 Tablespoon|
|Dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105 To 115 Degree Warm)|
|Cooked brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), without salt or fat|
|All-purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), divided|
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1. Coat a 9- x 5- x 3-inch loafpan with cooking spray.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. In a small saucepan scald milk, add margarine, honey and salt, stirring until margarine melts.
4. Let mixture cool to 105° to 115°.
5. In a large bowl dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water and let it stand 5 minutes until foamy.
6. Stir well adding cooled milk mixture, rice, 1 cup all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour.
7. Stir in remaining all-purpose flour to make a soft dough.
8. As the dough will be sticky turn it out into a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic (8 to 10 minutes).
9. In a bowl coated with cooking spray, place dough turning to grease top.
10. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 40 minutes until doubled in bulk.
11. Punch dough down, cover and let stand 10 minutes.
12. Onto floured surface turn dough over and knead 4 or 5 times.
13. Shape into a loaf and place in the cooking spray coated loafpan.
14. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 20 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
15. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until loaf sounds follow when rapped.
16. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
17. Serve Brown Rice Bread for breakfast with spreads, by toasting or as desired.