Wild Rice With Artichokes
|Uncooked wild rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Parboiled rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), uncooked|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Chicken flavored bouillon granules||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chablis/Other dry white wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Frozen artichokes||10 Ounce, thawed and chopped (1 packet)|
|Fresh mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Fine herbs||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a strainer held under running water, wash the wild rice. Drain and set aside.
3) Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium flame.
4) Add in the drained rice. Cook stirring frequently. Mix till the rice is lightly browned.
5) Add in the water, bouillon granules, wine, artichoke, mushrooms, onion, garlic and fine herbs.
6) Take the skillet off the heat.
7) In a 1 1/2-quart baking dish, add in the rice.
8) Cover the dish.
9) Bake for about 1 hour till all the liquid is absorbed.
10) Serve the Wild Rice with Artichokes with a garnish of fresh herbs.