Taco Rice Dish
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chunky salsa||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (1 cup, shredded)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Spray an 11x7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Cook rice according to package directions, but do not add salt and butter.
4. In a saucepan, add beef and onion; cook till meat is brown; pour off fat.
5. Stir in salsa and tomato sauce; bring the mixture to boil; reduce heat and simmer while rice is cooking for about 10 minutes.
6. Spread rice over the baking dish sprayed and top with meat sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
7. Bake at 350° F for about 15 minutes to melt cheese.
8. Serve the rice in a large serving platter and garnish with shredded cheese.