Veal with Rice
|Veal||1 Pound, sliced|
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Tomatoes||3 , peeled and sliced|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As required)|
|Dried fungi/Chopped mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Presoak the Romertopf (clay pot).
2) Preheat the oven to 400 F.
3) Soak the dried fungi a few hours before cooking.
4) In the soaked Romertopf, put the vegetables and rice along with 3 cups of stock.
5) To this, add the crushed garlic.
6) Then, add salt and pepper to taste.
7) In the hot oven, cook covered for about an hour. Depending on the consistency, you may need to add one more cup of stock. The rice shouldn't be too dry or too soggy.
8) Finally, stir in the grated cheese and parsley.
9) Serve the Veal and Rice with fresh salads. You can add a dash of tabasco for added taste.
Calories 891 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.5%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 128.7 mg42.9%
Sodium 533.9 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 127 g42.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.3%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 45 g90.4%
Vitamin A 35.4% Vitamin C 44.6%
Calcium 34.5% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet